- 4 cups Poha (Thin beaten rice)
- 2 cups Murmura(puffed rice)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds(gasagase)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- curry leaves
- thin small slices of dry coconut(khobri)
- 1-2 red chilies broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup peanuts(groundnuts)
- 2-3 tsp phutana(Hurkaddale/roasted chanadal)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder(optional)
- 3-5 green chilies
- 1 tsp chat masala
Take Poha and Murmura mix together and keep it in oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes checking in between.If oven is not there than take a wok ,when the pan become warm add poha and murmura and dry roast them for 5 minutes.Even the same thing you can do it in microwave for few minutes.Doing this makes poha and murmura crispy and crunchy.
Finally add salt ,sugar and poha-murmura mixer.stir slowly and properly so that all masala mixed together.
Now sprinkle lightly dry roasted gasgase and chat masala and mix them thoroughly.stir them for 4-5 minutes and remove from heat.