- 3 cup of mixed vegetable cut into small pieces(like carrot,beans,potato,padvalkai(snake guard)/zucchini,peas)
- 1 big tomato/1tbsp of tomato puree/paste
- Sagu Masala powder:
- 1/2 onion
- 2 -4 garlic pods(Optional)
- 5-6 red chilies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp of roasted channa dal(hurikaddalle,dalia)
- 1 tbsp of fresh grated coconut
- 1 lavang(clove)
- 1" chakke
- 1 elakki(cardamon)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds(saunf)
- 1/2 tsp gasgase(poppy seeds)
- coriander leaves for garnishing
You can also roast very ingredient above needed for masala,before making masala paste.
And also without roating just hasi(without roasted) masala can also use.
Take a pan put 1tsp of oil add chopped garlic,ginger and onion and stir fry till everything turns red and raw smell goes.add cut tomatoes and stir fry till tomato is cooked.if you are using tomato puree/paste then no need of adding tomatoes.
In blender grind together all the ingredients of masala including this roasted onion,ginger ,garlic and tomato.
grind this into smooth paste.