In my house everybody loves parathas and when served hot with cucumber raita ,is like sonepe suhaga.my friend sonali used to make very good theplle's.When you are travelling you can pack this and go.they stays for atleast for two days.And also the dough you can make more and store it in refrigerator in an airtight container.
This is a very healthy,tasty and easy dish and quite a filling too.mostly kids will eat paratha's easily.
so what i do is try making different kinds of them.like carrot,methi,spinach(palak),gobi(cauliflower),muli(radish),onion-tomatoes,All time favourite alu,kidney beans. and some i make sweet ones too.all of these paratha's really tastes good. Here in USA we get very easily ,clean and fresh palak.the methi leaves parathas also taste good and healthy but won't get in stores easily.procedure for both of these greens parathas are the same.some people make palak parathas by cooking palak and grinding into smooth paste ,then mixing it with atta to make a dough.i like to chopp it,both ways it taste good.
- 3 cups of palak/big bunch of palak finely chopped
- 4-5 cups of Atta(wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp of besan(gram flour)(optional)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp jeera(cumin seeds)/seasme seeds/ajwain(omum seeds)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder/chat masala powder
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 2-4green chillies(optional)
- ginger(optional)(if green chili and ginger paste is used is better)
- 1/2 cup curd
- oil to spread on parathas
- water to knead
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl/parath. knead them into dough pouring little by little water.
The dough should not be very hard and it should not be very watery/sticky.
Make small bowls of the dough.Roll this ball into long ,thin round like chapati,using flour in between.
serve this with any raitha/plain curd/chutneys/pickle.