- 1 big bunch palak(Spinach)
- 1 big onion cut lengthwise
- 2 small tomatoes cut lengthwise
- 2" ginger chopped
- 3-5 garlic pods chopped
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 cup paneer pieces(cubes)(see my paneer recipe)
- 1 tsp moong dal(split green gram dal)
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp haldi(turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp gram masala
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder/lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp cashew (optional)
- red chilies (optional)
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 full tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf cut into pieces
- 1 cardamon
- 1 tsp cashews
Clean ,wash and chop the palak.prepare paneer and keep it ready.
Cut onion,tomatoes,ginger and garlic.
When the mixer is cooled off put this in blender and grind it into paste(not very smooth and even very coarse).In the same above pan add butter,bay leaf,cardamon .After few seconds add the palak paste and stir continuously.
when the gravy is cooked quite a while add paneer cubes and mix it properly.You can keep aside few paneer cubes aside for decoration.let it simmer for 1-2 minutes and switch off the heat.
Decorate this delicious gravy with above fried,onion,cashews,tomatoes and paneer cubes.enjoy eating with your choice of combination.